March 7, 2009

Winter Gala

Josh and I were able to have a night out a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time we left Liberty with babysitters other than our parents. Des Moines University puts on a Winter Gala every February. We figured it was a nice chance to have a date night and get all dressed up. Plus we had fun last year too.
So I borrowed my sister Torie's prom dress from last year. It's way cute I must say. She is 16 and I fit into it after having baby. My aunt Lura and Kyndra also fit! Kyndra plans on wearing it to her formal dance at BYU-I next weekend and I'm sure Lura will find a time to wear it! We all had fun at Thanksgiving trying it on.
Our neighbors the Moores watched Libby and she was very good for them (thanks again!). At the dance Josh introduced me to a few of his professors and friends. It was fun putting faces to names finally. We sat with some people that Josh knew from BYU-I before we left and Dave and Mary (in the pics below). There was lots and lots of yummy desserts and appetizers, including a chocolate fountain and cheescake! The band was the same as last year, they're good most of the time. The only slow song started as we were looking for our coats in the hall and so we hurried back in to enjoy a dance before we left.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love having a night to dress up? I wish there were more events like that for adults.
You guys look great and I am glad you took a night out for the two of you!

Marie T. said...

WHOA! What a good looking couple!

Dax and Jen said...

It sounds like such a fun date! You look amazing for having a baby Sam! I'm so excited to get out and jogging. Libby is also so big! What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Love the dress!

Charlie and Amparo said...

you guys look so cute! what a fun evening together.

Michelle said...

You guys look so cute! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Randrea said...

How fun to have a night out with your hubby. You guys are such a cute couple! That's awesome that Josh starts his rotations in May. He's already half way done with school?! Time flies!