
It has been a crazy week and a half! We were supposed to find out where Josh was going to do his residency last Monday, but to our surprise he did not match with the programs we really wanted. So he had to enter the scramble. He flew out to New York last Wednesday for an interview, and then drove to Cincinnati, Ohio for another and then back to New York. He was offered the position at Benedictine Hospital in Kingston New York, and we decided that that was the place for us to go. Josh had really considered visiting this program during this school year, but we decided not to. So we were a little prepared to go there if the program scrambled as well. We are getting more excited everyday for our big move. We are really happy to know where we will be for the next three years and ready to plan away. We are also really excited about all of the cool places to visit on the east coast. Here's a few we've mentioned to each other and how far they are from us.
Manhattan 93.7 miles This is the closet temple to us. Josh's good friend Noah from high school lives in Manhattan with his wife. It will be fun to see them.

Statue of Liberty 99.8 miles I've always wanted to visit the city and go to the statue of Liberty and see all the exciting things of New York. I can't wait to get a picture of my Liberty with the statue. :) (she wasn't named after the statue though)

Boston 204 miles We have heard so many wonderful things about Boston. I can't wait to see this beautiful city and try to go to a baseball game or Celtics basketball game.

Palmyra 257 miles I am really looking forward to visiting this area and see all the places full of church history.

Cape Cod 266 miles Just beautiful beaches <3 and eat some lobster! This picture reminds me of Anne of Green Gables...I love that movie. Where that was filmed is not far either, you just have to fly or take a boat. So not sure if that will happen though.

Montreal Canada 276 miles Gotta see Canada when you live this close. I have only been to the extreme western parts of Canada when we lived in Alaska. It will be great to see this side of the country.

Washington DC 314 miles I have always loved history, so I really want to see the great sites in the DC area.

Niagara Falls 342 miles Just gotta go see this magnificent wonder.

Maine 428 miles We look forward to seeing all the pretty lighthouses and eating some fresh seafood.

Toronto Canada 434 miles This city reminds me of Seattle. Not sure if it is at all, but I want to find out, because I loved Seattle when we visited there a few years ago. It just looks amazing.

So if you ever had the desire to see the east coast, these are lots of good reasons to come visit. We would be happy to have the company of friends and family. And you would be able to see our beautiful girls!

7 comments:
Hooray for knowing where you are going! I would love to visit...we'll see if the budget can agree. I went to Boston/NYC/Palmyra with my sisters as a HS junior and loved Boston especially.
Hey!!! You'll have some family close by...if we end up moving back to CT as I believe we will. You'll only be 63 miles from us. We like that part of NY. We spent our honeymoon up there in the Catskill Mountains. I've wanted to get up to the Adirondack, not to mention we could do some of the Appalachian trail too.
This is exciting! I really like this post with all the places to visit, it is cool. Looks like it will be fun. I hope ya'all like it!
Congrats you guys! Looks like you'll be able to stay busy getting to know the place.
Congratulations! You will get to visit so many great places.
My mom said they will visit you when they visit Anthony and Sharon.
Exciting!! Looks like you guys will have so much fun!!
This is so exciting and I'm happy for you. I will definitely need to visit sometime.
Post a Comment